The City of Dexter is seeking a full-time Utility Operator for the Water/Wastewater Department. The position works day shift hourly and will be included in a rotation schedule with other operators to cover weekends/on-call shifts. This position will include duties of a technical, semi-skilled nature as well as labor work in the operation, maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery in water and wastewater operations. Duties may involve meter reading and maintenance, testing and sampling water/wastewater, interpreting lab data for process control, and maintaining pumps, transmission systems and plant equipment. The position may also cross train with the Department of Public Works and duties could include repair and maintenance of roads, sidewalks, facilities/parks, as well as snow removal, solid waste activities, and storm water management.
Dexter’s Water System is a ground water well system, consisting of 5 wells, with iron filtration. Dexter’s Wastewater Treatment Facility is a conventional activated sludge process with tertiary filtration.
- Three to five years experience as an operator in a wastewater or water treatment plant or comparable work experience.
- State of Michigan Wastewater/Water Licensing (salary incentives provided per license)
- Safety Program experience.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Michigan driver’s license.
- Ability to respond to emergencies, including those that occur outside of normal business hours. Water/sewer employees are required to work weekends and be on call 24-7 on a rotating schedule.
- Proof of certifications, a drug test and pass a physical.
Qualified Candidates should mail or e-mail a completed job application and cover letter to the address below. Applications can be downloaded at http://dextermi.gov/sites/dextermi.gov/files/client_files/forms/employment_application_3.pdf
City of Dexter
Attn: Courtney Nicholls
8140 Main Street
Dexter, MI 48130
First review of applications will occur on October 16, 2017. The position is open until filled. The City of Dexter is an Equal Opportunity Employer.