The National Weather Service has issued a high wind warning. An advisory message from the Washtenaw County Sheriff is below. The City has been experiencing very high winds causing intermittent power outages. Power outages will cause the traffic signals to stop working - please treat the intersections as four way stops.
If you see a tree blocking a roadway in the City please contact the City Office at 734-426-8303. If no one answers it could be due to a power outage so please call the emergency on-call phone at 734-368-5212.
Advisory: A HIGH WIND WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM 10:00 AM THROUGH 7:00 PM TODAY
The National Weather Service in Detroit/Pontiac has issued a High
Wind Warning, which is in effect from 10 AM to 7 PM EST
Wednesday. The High Wind Watch is no longer in effect.
* West winds will increase in strength over southeastern Michigan
during the late morning hours on Wednesday. A long duration of
sustained winds of 30 to 35 mph are anticipated throughout the
* The potential exists for wind gusts of 50 mph or greater during
the late morning and afternoon hours.
* The strong west winds are expected to diminish rapidly after 6
* Power outages possible.
* Large limbs downed.
* Downed trees possible.
* Loose objects will be blown around.
* Difficult driving conditions, particularly for high profile vehicles.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
* Prepare, plan and stay informed. Visit http://go.usa.gov/c7kkP