In honor of the resilience of the Dexter community following the tornado of last March, the Dexter Relief Fund committee, with the help of many organizations across the community, is hosting an Open House on Friday, March 15, from 3pm to 7pm at LaFontaine Automotive. At this event:
- Applications are being accepted for the tree replanting effort in late April. Tree samples and site evaluation consultation will be available.
- Applications are being accepted for lawn/glass remediation problems.
- Volunteers are invited to sign up for the replanting. Help is needed and teams are being sought.
- Food will be provided by LaFontaine Automotive and Busch's.
- Games will be led by Dexter High School students.
- Video booth will be available for storytelling.
So many people were affected, both directly and indirectly, by the storm, that we know it will go down in the collective memory of Dexter. In spite of the hardship of the people whose homes and lives were so impacted, the lesson so many have learned is that we benefit from and survive because of the support of our friends, family and neighbors, and so it is in this spirit of celebration that everyone is invited to stop by LaFontaine on Friday, March 15, between 3pm and 7pm.