Voter turnout in the City of Dexter for the Primary Election was 42%. We anticipate a turnout of 75% to 80% for the November 6, 2018 General Election. Below are some suggestions as we start to prepare for this election:
- If you know of a friend or family member that will be going away to college who would like to vote in November, please have him or her register to vote and/or request an absentee ballot immediately. This can be done at the City Office from 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. If the student registers to vote by mail, he or she must vote in person at their first election and cannot receive an absentee ballot.
- If you did not vote in the Primary, please check to make sure you know your polling location. This can be done by visiting www.michigan.gov/vote.
- If you are interested in becoming a precinct worker, please contact the City Clerk. This position is paid and training is provided.
- If you know that you will be out of town on November 6, 2018 and would like to vote, please request an absentee ballot now. Ballots will be mailed the week of September 24th.
- Please keep in mind that it is against State of Michigan election law for the Clerk to give an absentee ballot over the counter to someone other than the person whose name is on the ballot.
Questions about any of the above items can be directed to Assistant to the City Manager/City Clerk Justin Breyer at 734-580-2234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.