Special Planning Commission Mtg.
The Planning Commission will conduct a special meeting to update the public on the progress being made on the MP Update. The meeting is scheduled for October 29, 2018 and will be held at the Dexter District Library, from 7-8:30 pm. The City's Planning Consultant, Carlisle Wortman (CWA), will present an overview of the MP Update, including the following:
- What is a Master Plan and why it needs to be update,
- The process for updating the Master Plan, the main topic of the special meeting (i.e. Future Land Use) and the next steps;
- Background studies and activities to now;
- Updates to existing land use map, adjacent communities future land use map, the City’s future land use map;
- Overall goal of the Master Plan;
- Identification of downtown expansion/preservation, additional housing options, and re-use of non-residential buildings/lots in residential neighborhoods.
Four stations will be set up highlighting key elements of the Master Plan Update, which need public input including future land use, downtown expansion/preservation, additional housing options, and re-use of non-residential buildings/lots in residential neighborhoods. Residents, business and property owners, and other stakeholders are encouraged to attend. If you have questions or comments, please contact the Community Development Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.