Public Hearing - Planning Commission
Pursuant to Michigan Public Act 110 of 2006, as amended (the Michigan Zoning Enabling Act), notice is hereby given that the City of Dexter Planning Commission will hold a public hearing at 7:00 p.m., Monday, June 18, 2018. The public hearing will be held at the Dexter Senior Center, 7720 Ann Arbor Street, Dexter, Michigan,
The purpose of the public hearing is to consider the following text amendment to the City of Dexter Zoning Ordinance (text to be added in underlined; text to be deleted is struckout):
- Amend Article II, Section 2.02, Definitions to add a new definition for Live/Work Units.
- Amend Article III, General Provisions to add Section 3.25 Live/Work Units.
- Amend Article XV, VC Village Commercial District, as follows:
- Section 15.02, Principal Permitted Uses to add Live/Work Units,
- Section 15.03, Special Land Uses to add Multiple-Family Dwellings,
- Section 15.04, Required Conditions to replace references to “harmonious” with “architecturally compatible”.
- Amend Article XV(D), Section 15(D).02, sub-section A.3 to delete reference to percentage of non-reflective/non-tinted glass.
- Amend Article XX, Section 20.01, Schedule of Regulations for Principal Buildings – Non-Residential to establish density regulation for VC, Village Commercial District.
Full text has been omitted from this notice due to its length, but it is available for review at the City offices, located at 8123 Main Street, Dexter, MI 48130, from 9 am to 5 pm, on business days and by clicking here. Any questions regarding the proposed amendment should be directed to the Office of Community Development at 734-580-2233.
Interested parties are welcome to attend the public hearing and present their comments. Written comments regarding the proposed amendments should be submitted to the Office of Community Development at the address listed above or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, June 15, 2018.
Sign language interpreter, or other assistance, is provided upon request to the City Manager email@example.com, at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting. Minutes of all meetings are available on the City website, www.dextermi.gov.