Public Hearing - Planning Commission
CITY OF DEXTER
Pursuant to Michigan Public Act 110 of 2006, as amended (the Michigan Zoning Enabling Act), notice is hereby given that the City of Dexter Planning Commission will hold a public hearing at 7:00 p.m., Monday, April 2, 2018. The public hearing will be held at the Dexter Senior Center, 7720 Ann Arbor Street, Dexter, Michigan,
The purpose of the public hearing is to consider the following text amendment to the City of Dexter Zoning Ordinance (text to be added in underlined; text to be deleted is struckout):
Amend Article II, Definitions, as follows:
- Section 2.02, DEFINITIONS:
- Housing, temporary employment: Housing for employees of professional theatre, where those employees occupy the housing on a temporary basis, during a theatre’s production run. Short-term rentals are not included in this definition.
- Housing, short-term rental: A transient vacation rental or use in which overnight accommodations are provided in any dwelling or portion thereof to guests paying a fee or other compensation for a period of less than 30 consecutive days.
Amended Article XI, VR, Village Residential District
- Section 11.03, SPECIAL LAND USES:
M. Temporary Employment Housing, subject to the following standards:
- Occupancy limitations shall be established in accordance with Section 404 of the 2015 International Property Maintenance Code. However, the Planning Commission shall have the authority to reduce occupancy, based on, but not limited to existing conditions of the property and structure, building characteristics, method of operation, parking, and other relevant factors.
- Exterior of the structure shall maintain appearance of a single-family residence.
- Use of the structure shall be compatible to that of a single-family residence, in terms of operation, including parking, traffic, noise, etc.
- Permitting and review process: Temporary employment housing shall require annual submission of an application, fee and issuance of a zoning compliance permit. Permits shall be valid for one year.
Copies of the proposed ordinance amendments are available for public inspection at the City Offices, 8123 Main Street, 2nd Floor, Dexter, MI 48130; weekdays between 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Any questions regarding the proposed amendment should be directed to the Office of Community Development at 734-580-2233.
Interested parties are welcome to attend the public hearing and present their comments. Written comments regarding the proposed amendments should be submitted to the Office of Community Development at the address listed above or via email to email@example.com, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, March 30, 2018.
Sign language interpreter, or other assistance, is provided upon request to the City Manager firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting. Minutes of all meetings are available on the City website, www.dextermi.gov.